Duration: 1.5 Hours
The session is a hands on interactive workshop.
Presented by Paul Pennisi
Do you want your group of children to be more active? Do you want your group to enjoy physical education? Do you want to feel confident and have fresh ideas on how best to implement physical education within your setting? Do you want to learn how to link physical and gross motor experiences back to the EYLF?
If you answered yes to all or any of the above questions than perhaps a professional development session (physical education for children 1-6yrs old for your staff) would be perfect for your service.
• Intro on why physical education in early learning centres is important (relating back to EYLF)
• Practical everyday phys ed experiences we can use within our setting e.g. – fitness ball replacing chair at the computer table
• A run through of various sporting equipment (and intro into basic children’s yoga) and how we correctly use this – e.g. – agility ladders
• A run through on ensuring your workplace offers correct age appropriate sporting equipment e.g. – right size hula hoops for right age 4-5 yr old = 55 cm max, size 3 basketball for under 5 etc
• Practical part of session where we learn and make various resources – hula hoops, relay batons, bean bags etc.