S4K is an Australian company, based in Melbourne, Australia based company that was founded and set up by Paul Pennisi in 2001. In 2015 we will deliver and set up sport programs in over 65 early learning centres and kinders across Melbourne. Our team of 4 trainers enthusiastically visit these services implementing the specifically designed S4K program ensuring that children are engaging in safe, fun and age appropriate physical education experiences.
As it is a sports program the children gain confidence and improvement in the following key area:
• Balance and co-ordination
• Hand-eye-foot co-ordination
• Core body strength
• Feeling of belonging to team/group, self esteem
• Fine / gross motor development
• Spacial awareness
At S4K we also encourage the child to grow self-awareness and realise their achievements. Weekly newsletter and positive reinforcement give children the opportunity to share with their loved ones exactly what they have been achieving during their ‘sports time’. We aim to plant the seed for an active,
fit and healthy lifestyle for years to come.
The incursion based S4K program is designed for children aged 1-6yrs old.
Currently we deliver this program to early learning services, kindergartens and playgroups.
The sessions run in 30 minute blocks, however can be tailored to suit your group / service.
Apart from the program being fun- unfortunately there are some underlying factors that have resulted in children simply needing access to physical education. They are:
• Smaller backyards have resulted in less accessible active time for children
• Increased technology time over recent years has taken over children’s active time (ipad / xbox etc)
• Time poor parents with work commitments on weekends and during the week increasing in recent times
• 24.9% of children are overweight or obese (Aus gov department of